The „go-cluster” programme
The Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action launched „go-cluster” – a cluster excellence programme combining the most efficient national cluster management organisations.
The „go-cluster” programme is the cluster political excellence activity of The Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action and supports cluster management organisations with the development of their innovation cluster. Clusters included into the „go-cluster” programme are vanguards of innovation and demonstrate how highly competent Germany is in different industries and technological sectors. Currently 74 members make use of the various offers of the programme.
A “go-cluster” membership offers many advantages to innovation clusters, their players and cluster-supporting partners. These advantages include:
- a quality and efficiency certificate for cluster management organisations applying uniform assessment criteria that comply with European quality standards
- assumptions of the costs of the Bronze or Silver Label of the European Cluster Excellence Initiative (ECEI)
- the right to use the registered word mark/logo „go-cluster: Exzellent vernetzt!” as quality label
- participation and higher visibility in government economic initiatives
- increased national and international visibility to decision-makers representing government, business and administration
- public presentations of cluster activities and selected success stories on innovation projects (events, newsletters, websites and clusters’ success stories “ClusterERFOLGE”)
- networking activities with the most efficient innovation clusters from Germany and Europe
- participation in seminars on topical matters of clusters and management
- individual counselling of cluster managements among others on the issues of strategy development
- entitlement to apply for funds
How to become a member of the „go-cluster” programme:
Each German innovation cluster can apply for admission to this programme. The admission requires a set of quality criteria that has to be met. The proposal is followed by a personal meeting with the cluster manager. After a successful application and admission the participating in the benchmarking processes of the is mandatory for all members. The cluster management organisations commit themselves to meet the quality criteria of the SILVER Label of ECEI within two years in order to record a development and an increase in quality. Within the scope of the "go-cluster" programme The Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action absorbs the costs of the benchmarking and certification process that also includes the approval of the Silver Label.
Completed applications can be handed in at VDI/VDE Innovation + Technology GmbH at any time. If you have any questions please contact Claudia Martina Buhl at . We recommend a prior telephonic consultation.