Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Initiative Hesse
The Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Initiative Hesse was founded in April 2002 as a combination of Hesse companies, universities and institutions. The initiative forms a network of key experts of the hydrogen and fuel cell technology.
Objectives and activities
The initiative targets to strengthen Hesse competencies and to demonstrate the applicability and functionality of the hydrogen and fuel cell technology. Hesse has excellent requirements and many companies available that cover a wide part of this industry’s supply chain. This chain must be strengthened by using flagship projects to make this technology visible. Furthermore, experiences in the hydrogen and fuel cell technology are made in this project that can be used as a proof of applicability in the future.
It is necessary to establish the federal state Hesse as a technology centre to attract new companies and to strengthen the existing economy on a long-term basis. Therefore, the initiative is supported by the Hessian Ministry of Economics, Energy, Transportation and Land Development through the state-owned economic promotion society Hesse Agency. The Hesse Agency not only co-founded the Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Initiative but also manages its office.
The Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Initiative
- is the central contact and advisor for all questions concerning the hydrogen and fuel cell technology in Hesse
- gathers information on this topic from politics, economy, science and society
- does regional, national and international technology marketing concerning in context of the federal state Hesse
- initiates and operates technology transfer in this field of technology, for example through targeted use of media, events etc.
- supports companies that work in this field and combines complementary partners